We generally distinguish car seats by the materials used, which can be basically divided into two categories: one is fabric seats; One is a leather seat.
Fabric seats and their advantages and disadvantages
Fabric seats are made of chemical fiber materials. Fabric seats are the most cost-effective. Although they are not high-grade, they are very practical.
1. not easy to damage, long service life, low repair difficulty, and not easy to aging.
2. the flannelette seat has stronger friction and feels more stable when sitting, without slipping.
3. low manufacturing cost and good air permeability.
1. easy to be dirty and difficult to clean. Dirt will fall into the seat, which is very troublesome to clean.
2. poor heat dissipation. Due to the strong heat absorption of fabric seats, if we open the door and sit down immediately in summer, we will feel very uncomfortable and “stuffy”.
Leather seats and their advantages and disadvantages
Leather seats are made of natural animal skin or chemical synthetic leather. The manufacturer will use leather seats to improve the interior quality of the vehicle.
1. easy to clean. Compared with the flannelette seat, the dust can only fall on the leather seat surface, and will not go deep into the seat. Therefore, the cleaning work can be completed with a gentle wipe with a cloth.
2. easier heat dissipation. Although leather also absorbs heat, its heat dissipation performance is relatively good. For vehicles scorched by the sun at noon in summer, you can use your hands to pat them to dissipate the heat, or you won’t feel so hot after sitting on them for a while.
1. the surface is vulnerable. Sharp hard objects such as knives, scissors and needles will leave marks on the leather and are easy to age.
2. the feeling of sitting is quite slippery. Due to the material characteristics of leather seats, we feel very slippery when sitting, and the friction is relatively small.
3. possible scald. In summer, when the leather seat surface is exposed to the sun, the surface temperature will be very high, up to about 60 degrees, which may cause skin burns.
4. it is airtight. After sitting on the leather seat for a long time in summer, there is sweat on the legs. This is the drawback of the leather seat and the source of the birth of the ventilated seat.
Leather seat ≠ leather seat
When many manufacturers publicize that their cars have “leather” seats, it seems that the leather seats have suddenly changed from high-end configuration to the standard configuration that can be assembled for cars of any level and price. But is the leather seat in your car “leather”? The answer is No.
Most manufacturers use artificial leather, or some manufacturers use semi leather, semi artificial leather and recycled leather on seats (the leather residue and leather fiber are ground and bonded with adhesive under high pressure to form flakes, which have certain leather characteristics). For seats made of non animal skin, we can call them leather seats at most, so we should pay special attention to them when purchasing.
As for how to judge the quality of the seat leather, we know that we can judge it from the following aspects.
At first glance, the good leather has smooth surface and fine lines.
Second, good leather feels soft, smooth and elastic. If there are many particles, hard or sticky, the quality will not be good.
If you have a chance to get a sample of the leather, there are some chars after you ignite it, but there is no leather.
Four wipes: wipe the leather surface back and forth with a damp cloth. If there is discoloration, it indicates that the quality is not up to standard.
Five pull: pull the leather with both hands to both sides. If there are seam marks or light white background, it indicates that the leather quality is poor.
Use and maintenance of seats
Because the fabric seat will have large fiber holes, it is best not to eat or put sundries in the car at ordinary times. If you must do so, you must also pay attention not to let the fine residues or impurities of food fall on the seat, so as to avoid breeding mites or other microorganisms and producing strange smell, which will affect your health.
Although fabric seats are easily soiled, they are relatively simple to clean. When it is not very dirty, you can use a brush and a vacuum cleaner to clean it. While brushing the seat surface, you can use a vacuum cleaner to suck out the dirty things.
For particularly dirty seats, first clean the dirty places with a brush, then dip a clean rag in neutral detergent, fully wipe the seat surface under the condition of half dry and half wet, and finally clean the seats with a vacuum cleaner or dry cloth to remove excess water.
1. the car leather chair shall be far away from the heat source as far as possible. If it is too close to the heat source, the leather will be cracked.
2. do not expose the leather to the sun for a long time to avoid fading.
3. carry out regular cleaning and maintenance, and use a vacuum cleaner to remove dust and ashes a week.
4. do not use a hair dryer to dry the leather quickly during cleaning, but do it naturally.
5. clean up the dirt on the seat in time to avoid the corrosion of the seat by chemicals.
6. avoid scratching by sharp objects.
In terms of maintenance, leather seats should be cleaned with special cleaners instead of household washing powder, detergent and other non special leather cleaners, because the general non leather lotion and grease can not penetrate into the leather tissue to form protection due to large molecular particles, but block the pores of the leather and make the leather lose air permeability, thus accelerating the formation of leather hardening and cracks.
Post time: Jun-23-2022